BAKERWOMAN

Monday, April 10, 2006

SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER

I read a novel last week. It was pretty light weight but the herione had her own cookie shop. I am a sucker for that. Some cookie recipes were included and they sounded wonderful and unique. I scanned and copied them to share with everyone and mixed up a batch of two different ones.

Now when trying new recipes, I measure exactly. These cookies were expensive. They called for real butter, chocolate chips and brown sugar. You had to melt and cool and chill etc. When I was putting them together and I saw the amount of salt called for, my first thought was that it was too much for cookies. I added it anyway against my better judgement.

Last night after the sufficient chill time, I started baking. The cookies are all flat and salty. What a bummer! I was going to bring the recipes to work but I left them home. I did bring some cookies. I'll be able to know how bad they are by the amount that gets consumed today.

I have a feeling that nobody ever tested those recipes before. I wasted my time and my ingredients for an inedible product. Shame on me.

Actually, the chocolate ones are hard enough to use for paperweights. Maybe they will be useful after all.

See Ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home