BAKERWOMAN

Friday, March 03, 2006

FUN AND GAMES

Well, here I sit waiting for the computer at work.

I've made my pack list for Vegas next week. It doesn't take much. We can never round the whole bunch up to do anything where we have to dress nicely.

I ordered a couple of Audio Books for the car. One of them has five books of John McDonald on them. I love his writing (he passed away about ten years ago.). I decided to buy these because my husband enjoyed listening them so much on the trip last time. He hates to read so who would have thought he would like the tapes so much.

Last time the tape was a little embarrassing. It was a detective story, but unfortunately, there was also a lot of soupy, sappy romantic crap in it. You know the kind: His very kiss caused her to have a fire in the lowest part of her belly kind of crap. I think romance writers live in a world of their own. Do they really believe what they write? Maybe Danielle Steele does because she's been married something like 8 times. I guess when the romance turns to real life and real love, it's not to her taste.

The other thing that bothers me about her writing is the horrible things that her characters have to live through. Ms. Steele is an excellent writer and her books are very well researched, but to me, life is depressing enough. I like to read stuff that doesn't make me sad.

One of these days, I'd like to write a book. I've started before, the plot is in my head. I didn't realize, however, how tedious it would be to do. Oh, well!

The computer is free. Talk to everyone later.

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Caro said...

He made her loins burn with the intensity of a forest fire. Oh wait - that was her yeast infection!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home