BAKERWOMAN

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Nothing New on the Home Front

Well, my telephone has now been out for nine days. Pac Bell, or AT& T or whoever the hell it is now, is supposed to come tomorrow.

We don't make our receive a lot of calls but it is nice to have it there when you want it. My girls have taken turns calling my Mom on Sunday for me. I'm sure she's been just as happy with that. My cell phone area is for areas of California and Nevada only. A call to Maine would probably cost about $30.00 for 45 minutes so I'll just wait.

We'll get credit on our phone bill but I don't think the $12.00 or $13.00 is quite worth the inconvenience this has caused. On the good side, the telemarketers for the Sheriff's Dept, the City Police (for about 4 cities), the Fireman's Fund nor the Special Olympics have not been able to hit up my husband (the marshmallow) for money. I agree with donating to these agencies but the fact they have hired telemarketers to do it makes me feel that it has kind of become a business instead of a need for extra funds.

My husband is a born sucker. I always buy when the schools are selling and I have (gasp) even given money to people broken down at a rest stop. I hoped that the people's plight at the rest stop was fake because they had children in the car and I hate to see kids living in such a situation. Anyway, I can't come close to my husband when it comes to a hard luck story. I guess I'm just really glad that we can do it and that we are not the unfortunates on the receiving end.

I made five dozen plain donuts and five dozen chocolate donuts this weekend. Now, this is a big mistake. Some came to work and some are reserved for the kids. Did you know that a donut straight from the freezer is just delicious? A plain homemade donut is the one thing I will gorge on. If I made them very often, I would weigh 500 pounds. I cannot eat enough of them to be sick of them. If I went to someone else's house who served them, I would not be able to stop myself and those people would be calling me a hog after I went out the door. When I take them from the freezer, I eat them frozen and can polish off 1/2 dozen in about ten minutes. I am not like this with any other food and I try to eat moderately. I wonder if a person can become addicted to a certain food?

I got my youngest Granddaughter's presents wrapped last night. I so miss seeing their faces when they unwrap their presents. My youngest daughter (3 grandchildren) lives about four hours away and I have missed so much in their lives. I also wish I could be of more help and support to my daughter. Everyone needs a break sometimes. Maybe next time we go up, she and Hubby can take an evening out.

Well, it's 8 o'clock and time to get to work. See Ya.

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Caro said...

You mean you don't weigh 500 pounds?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home