BAKERWOMAN

Friday, March 17, 2006

SURPRISE

I tried to view my daughter's blog this morning but it says that I am not authorized. That's probably the story of our lives.

I remember having a discussion with my former boss. He was upset because a woman sports reporter was allowed in the locker room after a game. Women shouldn't be there in his opinion. I told him that he was right. No reporters should be in the locker room. All interviews should be held after so that the woman had an equal opportunity to do her job. His lips got really purple and started trembling so I let it drop.

I hope within the next fifty years, women will really have the same opportunities as men with equal pay. I don't believe it will happen in my life time. I don't mean to sound like a libber, I'm just a working person who is in my fortieth year of working.

My Boss was a really nice and good man. He's just a product of the times when women had the opportunity to stay home and shine as wifes and mothers. That is not the case in most households now. Us women have to go through life missing opportunities with our children that the previous generation took for granted. I didn't miss the most important things but I sure missed a lot of little things. I had no choice. I had to work.

I am thrilled that one of my daughters has an opportunity to stay home with her children. She is an excellent and loving mother and I hope that she will never have the regrets (and unreasonable guilt) that I have.

Now for a little cheer. I knocked their socks off in Vegas and came home with more money than I left with. I have also made great progress with my leg. In the mornings, before I tire, I can walk without a limp. I have no idea if I'll get back any more flexion but it looks like I won't be doing my Herman Munster imitation for the rest of my life.

I need to get back up to see our kids up north soon. My Mom sent Devil Dogs to my house for them. Of course, with today's chemicals, they probably have a two year shelf life. I also need to see them all. I can hear the little one talking when I am on the phone. Alas, I am missing important times with my grandchildren!

Well, I've spent enough time being crabby. See ya!

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Women will never get equal pay.

I have major guilt issues - that's just motherhood.

I like your Herman Munster imitation.

Give the devil dogs to sis. I don't want guy to see them and none of us need them.

Oh, and my damn blog is finally working again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home