BAKERWOMAN

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

MISCELLANEOUS BULL-----

Well, I'm taking just a few minutes. I took home work Thursday night and worked on it Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I'm due. My desk is pretty clean and Board Meeting is an hour away (not time enough to drag out a bunch of stuff).

We have no telephone at home right now. It was out Sunday morning and Pac Bell can't get there until April 5th. My husband set it up. I called yesterday to tell them I am partially handicapped and need to be able to work from home sometimes. I was on hold for 45 minutes (speakerphone with Frank Sinatra and Edie Gormet-Oh goody!). Then the guy comes on, listens to my handicap speiel and tells me I need the service department. Back on speakerphone I go for another fifteen minutes. A woman finally comes on and then she cuts me off. I think they do this on purpose. So, I finally just went on line like they prefer you do. I could see my service call in there but there's no place to put in a comment. I guess we'll just wait. When my husband called originally, they offered to forward all calls to my cell phone. If I'd been the one talking to them, I would have said that's great if you want to pay my cell phone bill! Bah and humbug!

My daughter was blogging about her first car today. This remebrance was brought on by the fact that my granddaughter will soon be driving. She has already offered to drive me to Las Vegas. I think I will let her drive a couple of years first. She sure is a doll, though. Even though she's a teenager, she still doesn't mind spending time with her old Grandma and I love spending time with her.

It's been a couple of years since I got to have her for a night or a weekend. I really miss that so much. One time about four years ago, we pulled a mattress onto the livingroom floor. I had to work the next morning and she wanted to watch Lord of the Rings (she had seen it before). Her out-of-control sobbing woke me up later. Oh Lord, I was frightened. She was sobbing so hard, it took a few minutes for me to understand the words "He died, he died". I said "Honey, who died?". Imagine my pleasure when I finally found out it was someone in the movie. I know I was less than gracious when I told her "It's only a movie, shut the hell up"! I'm usually a good Grandma and I really feel bad about that.

Well, my time is up. Goodbye all!

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Frank Sinatra, Jenny loves him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home