BAKERWOMAN

Friday, March 31, 2006

BACON

I just have a couple of minutes. Hubby's having surgery on his ears again this morning.

I just check "Ol Hosses" blog. Isn't it terrible that I have gotten so old? He talks about frying bacon in the nude. Instead of sexy scenes running through my mind, I am salivating for bacon.

Bacon is my favorite food in the world. When I make sausage gravy, I have to have a little bacon fat in there also just to give it the perfect taste. With some fried potatoes on the side, this is truly a meal fit for a kind.

My grandparents ate bacon, homemade bread, homemade butter, meat and lots of vegetables. Neither of them were diabetic and lived into their eighties pretty much doing and eating what they wanted. As my daughter has been investigating lately, there are now so many chemicals in the food we eat, we are poisoning ourselves and our children.

When I went to grammar school, we had maybe four kids in the whole school who were overweight. I don't think it was so much what we ate as the fact that there were no video games, black and white tv only had a few shows and mothers automatically threw their kids out the door to play so they could have peace and quiet. In the summer, we packed a lunch and stayed gone all day. In the winter, we came in long enough to warm up and get dry mittens. Being overweight was not a problem. Two of the kids who were overweight were orphans being brought up by their grandparents. I'm sure their lives were more sheltered and a little more sendentary.

Anyway, I'm off.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Mmmmmm, bacon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home