BAKERWOMAN

Monday, April 17, 2006

NOTHING SPECIAL

Well, guess what? I screwed up the cookies! I had complained because the recipe called for a lot of salt and they were very salty. Everyone has been putting things away for me this year. I couldn't find my metal measuring spoon so I used a plastic one from my drawer.

When I was putting away clean dishes, I looked at it again. It was not a 1/2 teaspoon measure. It was a half tablespoon. Who's the idiot? The sad thing is, I took those cookies to work and they were gobbled up. My husband and I had taken one bite and we wouldn't eat them!

I made a big boo boo this weekend. I have always done something for Easter for my kids (including sons-in-law) and I forgot. My oldest daughter and her kids came over for a barbecue yesterday and she forewarned me that the little one expected an egg hunt. It was a mighty pitiful hunt but I did my best with what I had. I had made a cake so that part was okay.

We did have a nice visit, although there is something a little unsettling when
you hear your daughter in the other room telling the kids if they come out and spend time with the old people, they will be grounded.

When did we get to be Old?

Oh well.

The little one brought his colored eggs to show me. Hubby asked me afterward where the eggs were. He thought the kids brought them for us and he had almost eaten one before dinner. He would have been in serious trouble.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Salty cookies. MMMMMM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home