BAKERWOMAN

Friday, May 19, 2006

WEEKEND AT KIDS

Well, I blogged about our lovely trip up. It sure was good to see the kids, though, it took Mr. Man a whole evening to remember that he likes us.

J (15) came home from her school dance at about eleven. We talked for a few minutes. Then she asked if we could shop on Saturday. I replied I couldn't drive the stick shift in heavy traffic so Grandpa volunteered to drive us. She just beamed. By the way, I have never seen a 15 year old with such a clean bedroom. Both her Mom and my other daughter kept their rooms like pigsties. I thought that's how all teenagers kept their room! I must have been doing something wrong.

Saturday we all got up and visited for awhile. Mr. Man was still playing it shy until he remembered that we take him with us when we go out to smoke on the porch. Pop and I became his new best friends. One time, he actually sat on my lap and cuddled. It was wonderful. We haven't had a real little one in our family for four years.

My seven year old granddaughter was also invited to go with us for the day. Her Mom has a problem getting her to brush so I told her she couldn't possibly be seen with us with yellow teeth. That kid went in to shower, brush, and did her own hair. Her hair is getting curly and she is going to be just as beautiful as her big sis. I like seven year olds. You can still con them into doing what you want.

Our trip started out pretty normally. "J" remarked how hungry she was (my daughter had just made waffles!) and wouldn't a salad be nice. I did my part and piped up that I wish they had a Macaroni Grill. It just so happened that there was one right in the mall we were going to! Coincidences!

Our waiter was a guy. Needless to say, 'J's soup, salad and bread were almost consumed before the rest of us were served. "A" was a doll. I had told her before hand that I wanted people to say, OH How Pretty and isn't she well behaved? She got me a little, however, when I realized on the way out she was walking ahead of me with her eyes crossed and tongue hanging out the side of her mouth. I'd forgotten how hard it is to scold them when all you want to do is laugh hysterically. The rest of the shopping went well. We used our list and got everything we needed.

Our big kids got to go out for dinner. I made sandwiches and bathed Mr. Man while Pop vacuumed. I hope we helped the kids out some. My SIL has been sick and my daughter is worn out. Three kids will do that to you.

Anyway, talk to you later.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Hey,

I think I knew that story. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home