BAKERWOMAN

Thursday, May 11, 2006

ALASKA

My husband has always wanted to do the Alaskan cruise. I cannot figure out why. We both grew up in New England. We are already familiar with lots of greenery, lots of water, moose, bears and lots and lots of mosquitos. If we want to see all that, we can go visit our old stomping grounds and at least have the benefit of seeing family.

When we retire, I want to see the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican, the Greek Islands, Ireland, Scotland and England. I want to see the Roman tiles unearthed in Ireland. I want to see the Tower of London and breathe in the history. I want to see where the Scottish warlords fell. I want to see the Louvre and see where Michalangelo spent all those years painting the ceiling of the Sistine chapel. I want to see the holy relics at the Vatican. I'd like to see the ruins of the coloseum. I would love to see the Holy Land the most but, unfortunately, that is a privilege that us Westerners will not have in our lifetime. Hopefully, someday it will be safe enough to go there again. Think about seeing the Sea of Gallilee or the garden where Jesus stood!

I know some people who revere God's scenery but are not interested in the accomplishments of men. If we were created to accomplish all these great things, isn't that kind of a weird attitude?

Anyway, here I am not funny again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home