BAKERWOMAN

Thursday, January 05, 2006

LIFE AS NORMAL

Mom got home safe and sound and not too tired. She was, however, cooking herself something to eat when I called. I know the airlines have had to increase prices to keep up with gas prices (tickets are really high right now) but has anyone seen the box lunch (and I use the term loosely) that one gets to purchase for $5.00? Mom said it had cookies, raisins, nuts and other snack foods in small quantities. She brought the box of raisins to show us. The box was so small that it held 8 raisins! How about they raise the price to $7.50 and have mabe 10 raisins and maybe a peanut butter sandwish? I wonder what people get served on the long international flights?

It really sucked to go home to a dark house last night. It is really not welcoming after you've worked all day. The nice offset? I didn't cook dinner. My husband and I both scrounged when we became hungry. We use regular plates only when we have to. Most of the time, we use paper and I am worth it! I generally do cook decent dinners but after 50 years of so of cooking them, a person starts to get a little tired of cooking, cleaning, working and any other darn thing that requires him/her to get off the damn couch. I like to bake a lot more than I like to cook.

Well, that's it.

3 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, I hear they DO get 10 raisins on the long international flights, but only if you're in first class.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I think they should give zappers in the box lunch. Then you could point your zapper at the seat where somebody either has a kid they're not controlling, or a seat where somebody is reclining into someone else's lap, or maybe a seat where somebody is talking to a person who is clearly trying to read and would like the blabber to shut the hell up. (run-on yes?) Then you could point the zapper at their seat and give them an electric shock. The flight would pass much quicker that way.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Caro said...

can you tell I have PMS?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home