BAKERWOMAN

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

Well, only four days to go. The weekend was great. We enjoyed all the grandchildren and the cookie trays are all finished. The neighbors are all bought for and our mail lady got her favorite turtles. Whew! The only hitch was the that my daughter's puppy made a mess on her bedding in the motor home so there was some extra laundry.

I've wound up sick (flu like) so it's a little difficult to get into the spirit of things this week. Everyone at the office has been sick so it is kind of expected. Merry Christmas to us.

I wanted to tell the story that illustrates the kind of presents my husband used to give. One year I mentioned several times how much I would like to have a rowing machine. To my great surprise, a box of the right shape and weight appeared behind the tree. I bragged to everyone how my husband had really listened when I was hinting and how proud I was.

Christmas morning I opened the package and found guess what? A closet organizer! Now, Hubby had been nagging that he wished my side of the closet was as tidy as his so not only was it not what I wanted, but it was an insult besides and clearly what he wanted me to have. I didn't say anything but I sure was hurt and disappointed. I guess one of my girls told him because that was the end of that kind of present.

If a woman asks for that kind of stuff, it is fine. But, poor is the husband who doesn't listen or care enough to buy a personalized present. We had a guy here at work who bought his wife a commerical mop and scrub bucket for her birthday (I can't believe he's still married.).

Here is a list of poor Christmas presents (unless requested by your wife):

1. A closet organizer
2. Any kind of household cleaner (including a vacuum cleaner, carpet shampooer, steam cleaner, etc.
3. Any clothing over size 14 (we would rather return it and get the right size.)
4. Tools
5. Pots, pans or silverware
6. Dish towels and or cloths
7. A duster
8. Any and all gifts that require you to use elbow grease or that can used for any kind of household chores.

Here is a list of good Christmas presents:

1. Perfume (one that she actually uses)
2. Nighties or P.J.'s
3. A warm robe
4. Pretty slippers
5. Clothing in normal sizes
6. A gift certificate for her favorite restaurant
7. Candles with a purpose-such as aroma therapy (not cookie baking crap)
8. An IOU to clean the kitchen for a week.
9. An IOU for a weekend at HER favorite place.
10. An IOU for babysitting
11. A card that says I love you.

8, 9, and 10 would be especially effective if you want sex.

Talk to you later.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Caro said...

How often do you use the rowing machine vs. the closet organizer. LOL Probably about the same amount I've been using my treadmill.

Eight, nine, and ten would be good. But I have to add, a bitching set of pots and pans would be a good gift. A Dyson vacuum would seriously rock too. I tend to ask for that kind of stuff. Maybe I am too boring. And thong underwear would definitely be on the DO NOT BUY list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home