BAKERWOMAN

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

MUSIC ON MY MIND

It's a great day! I feel like me! There's almost no pain today and "Herman's Hermits" popped in. "Woke up this morning feeling fine, got something special on my mind!". I loved those guys. There was no one cuter than Peter Noone. Soon after we moved to California, my dear husband gave my albums to my kids to sell on a yard sale. Because we were new to this area, we had no idea what happened to vinyl at 110 degrees. Luckily, I rescued my first Beatle's album. I would have killed him if that was gone. Lord, we thought we were such rebels! Compared to some of today's happenings, we were angels singing in a holy choir.

As an older adult, I no longer fixate and daydream about singers and stars. I love Jackie Chan, who I think every woman thinks of in a maternal way. I also love Vin Diesel who I must admit, fills my mind in a most unmaternal way. That guy has more sex appeal than any star has had since Cary Grant. Nope, he just doesn't bring out my maternal instincts at all! (That does sound like a fixation! Sorry!)

I took my Mom out to dinner and Christmas shopping last night. She really is feeling better! She about wore me out. I thought she might be finished but she's still looking forward to a shopping trip with my oldest daughter.

Last night I did the unthinkable. I saw a darling outfit for Mr. Man on sale. That means I have to start the "even it all up" process on the rest of the grandkids. I never learn! What a sucker!

Work is going well. As soon as the other girls are done posting this morning, I'm going to do some grower credit posting. I can't send checks yet because our funds are a little slow this year. I really like to send them a check before December 10th so everyone has a little extra for property taxes. It's not going to happen so I'm going to aim for the week before Christmas.

I ordered Hubby the Karaoke tape he wanted yesterday of Keith Urban. Mom is going to buy it for me and put it in his stocking which we always open last. Instead, I am going to wrap up for him the Karaoke I bought myself for Christmas. It has Kitty Wells, Wanda Jackson, Red Foley, etc. You get the picture. I'm stuck on the old music and he likes the new. It's going to be great watching him try to be gracious when he opens it (and gracious he will be because he's a nice man). It almost gets me even for my Herman and the Hermits album. Almost!

Never let it be said that I can't carry a grudge.

I almost forgot the best thing about yesterday! When I wrote the date at work, I remembered it was my baby brother's birthday and he was turning 50. Thanks to the magic of our local florist, he received a bouquet of black carnations from his loving sister. Thank God, they were able to get them to him in time. He's a wonderful husband, Dad, granddad, brother and just all around kindly person. It almost seems cruel to treat him in this manner. I love it! In four years I will be sixty and I expect my sister and two brothers will be really showing payback for their birthdays I have honored. Maybe I will just go on vacation then so no one can find me!

Well, I am really rambling! Oh No! No the Allman Brothers will be stuck in my head all darn day.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Caro said...

Boy, what those albums would bring on eBay, not that you would want to sell them. I'm the same way. If it's something that will sell on eBay, it's usually something special to me.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Black carnations. Nice touch, kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home