BAKERWOMAN

Thursday, November 17, 2005

LOSING WEIGHT

Well, Mom has only been here three days and I think I'm losing weight already. I will be cooking for a diabetic while she is here. A few years ago, the doctor told my hubby that his blood sugar was high. I immediately bought a carb and calorie counter, a scale, and began to plan and cook according to his dietary needs. I lost 25 lbs and he lost about 60 lbs. The next year when he went back for a recheck, he was told that there must have been a mistake made and his blood sugar was fine. In the meantime, he had given away all of his clothes. Many of them were reasonably new.

Guess what? He started eating normally again and is now buying new larger clothes. Not to say I told you so but "I told him so"!

I keep three sizes in my closet and he always crabbing about me having so many clothes. I have two grown daughters and a granddaughter who is fifteen. We are all about the same height. For the last twenty years, we have swapped clothes as someone gains or loses (except granddaughter doesn't wear what we will). When one of us loses or gains, the others pack up that size and send it down. It is like having a new wardrobe. Besides, it is like tempting fate to say "I am now thin and will stay that way". HA!

I have always envied people who keep their weight down. People don't keep their weight down because of magic metabolisms! They keep their weight down because they have willpower and don't belly up to the trough like the rest of us. The willpower is what I envy and admire. I don't have it.

I am talking about normal people. I would never want anyone I know to try to be as thin as the women I see on TV. Those women are probably ten times more unhealthy than those of us who are fifteen or twenty pounds overweight. Some of them are not even pretty anymore because their faces look like skulls. There has never been anyone more beautiful than Liz Taylor and her weight used to be around 140 pounds.

Anyway, this is probably way too much on the subject.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Beauty is only fat deep, or something like that.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I can't do the clothes swap anymore. oink oink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home