BAKERWOMAN

Monday, October 24, 2005

WEEKEND WITH THE KIDS

As usual, time with my youngest daughter and her kids was not enough. I'm just really grateful to get to see them. I haven't been able to travel for awhile.

I did get some decent visiting with all of them except S who is 2 1/2. He never stopped running for the whole visit. He's no trouble because he doesn't get into stuff but he has a fascination with doors, lights and any kind of button. He ran (literally) from room to room closing the doors and turning on the lights and fans. For him, this was entertainment! I haven't figured out why we waste money on toys.

On Saturday morning, we all trooped over to have a birthday party for one of the grandsons in the next town. He was six and had requested a bounce house. My girls went to pick up pizzas and the cake, my son-in-law was dispensed to go get some batteries and so my oldest granddaughter (15) and I were in charge for awhile.

Some of the kids were interested in playing games so my granddaughter did Simon Says, Limbo and Musical Chairs. I then suggested London Bridge (which nobody heard of). J had to do the singing for Musical Chairs so I had to croak out London Bridge myself. The kids didn't seem to notice. I also suggested Farmer-in-the Dell which is also obsolete apparently. Luckily, the girls came back with the pizza and cake just about then.

I had about 10 ones in my wallet so I had used those for prizes. I think most of the kids liked the dollars better than prizes. I got to tell you, I've never seen my grandkids that impressed with one single dollar!

I know that London Bridge is one of those songs that was supposed to have some deep, dark, political meaning in the days of intrigue at court and public beheadings. I think that might be fun to study sometime. The queens had to bear their children with witnesses in the room and were required to make no noise. Nice, huh? The rest of their lives were dependent upon the good will of their husbands and countrymen. So much for the good old days.

Well, this is short and sweet. Have a nice Monday everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home