BAKERWOMAN

Friday, October 14, 2005

"OLD DAYS"

My younger daughter and her children are coming down to spend the weekend of October 22nd. I am really jazzed but we sure never seem to have enough time. We will be celebrating my Grandson's "N" 6th birthday. I think that 6, 13, 16 and 21 are all very important birthdays. I don't know why I think that. It's just that those birthdays seem to make a remarkable change in young people.

My dream has been just one time to get all the grandchildren up to our mountain place for a week. I would like to teach them to churn butter, to can and to make soap. I hate to see old traditions die. As you might have guessed, I am a "Mother Earth" subscriber. I know I am an old Doomsday person but what if something really happened in this country and we really did have to convert back to the old days? Who would remember? Do people know how to sink a point to dig a well? Do they know how to change the leathers in a hand pump? What would happen if there was no grocery store and money was worthless?

I guess I'm probably just an old fool but sometimes I just can't get this stuff out of my mind.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Caro said...

We can just run naked in the woods and eat berries. It worked for the cavemen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home