BAKERWOMAN

Monday, October 10, 2005

SPAM

Well, I have added word verification to my blog in hopes of ridding myself of spam. These people comment on the blog but you can see they obviously haven't read it. It's crazy!
One of the commentors wants me to see his sex website. Do you think my blog reflects that I am remotely interested in that kind of crap? One of the commentors is Johnny Canuck. My grandfather was Canadian. I think that is one of the words he pretty much didn't care for.

One of my favorite Uncle-in-laws is French. He and my Aunt divorced after 30 years or so.
He then dated a woman with relatives in L.A. They flew out to see them and Uncle Roland made a point of coming to see me. What did my Aunt say? She said " no matter what happened between Roland and me, he has been your Uncle and loved you all your life". Wouldn't it be nice if all divorces were like that?

Work is going badly this morning. One of the girls has a daughter in high school who lost a friend Friday night. She died sniffing air freshener. Everyone has been warned about the computer cleaning spray and the kids that have died sniffing it-but air freshener? Does it seem reasonable that parents have to keep every kind of cleaning, gluing, spraying, etc., product under lock and key until their children have left home? You know they will just buy their own!

All we can do is parents is try to do our best. We can give warnings and keep our foot up their butt to keep them on the straight and narrow but we can only do so much. Don't we remember as young people how we thought that nothing would ever happen to us? Young people today are no different. They just have access and knowledge to a heck of a lot more things than we did. They are no smarter or no stupider than we were. Unfortunately, friends will be lost along llife's paths. Maybe out of such a tragedy, one good thing might be that someone else's child won't try the same thing.

I'm sure my youngest daughter might have some ideas on this.

2 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I try not to keep my foot up Jennifer's butt. LOL I do nag a lot. I think keeping the lines of communication open is the most important thing. I know she is secretive about many things, as are all teens, but I HOPE she knows that she can tell me anything.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Way back when I was much younger, about the only bad stuff anybody could get was Sterno. Today, there are hundreds of things. Which means we have progressed mightily. I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home