BAKERWOMAN

Monday, October 24, 2005

2nd try

Well, I posted once and the darn thing didn't work. I also couldn't leave a comment on Ol Hoss today.

Well, the visit with the kids seemed so short, but it was great to see them. The little one is no trouble at all. He ran from room to room closing doors, turning on lights and fans. For him that was big entertainment. For us, it was no sweat.

We did the birthday party. My granddaughter J who is fifteen, gave me a hand with games while the daughters were picking up pizza and birthday cake. Do you know they don't play London Bridge or Farmer in the Dell anymore? That makes me feel ancient! I happened to have some $1.00 is my purse so we used those for prizes. I was a big hit with the kids.

We stayed about three hours which seemed like quite a long time. It was warm in the sun and fly ridden in the shade so I was more than ready to come home.

Yesterday, I decided to give the old leg a whole day of rest. It's been months since I've stayed completely off it. I only got up to haul more grub and drinks into the bedroom. I didn't have time to tidy up this morning and guess what? The spray guy called and had me meet him at the house. While he was spraying the outbuildings, I hobbled as quick as I could to tidy up a little.
I am 56 years old! I should know by now that anytime you don't clean your house, you are guaranteed to have company. If you are lonely and want someone to drop by, just make sure the house is a holy mess and someone will come.

Well, everyone have a great Monday.

2 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

That part about the dirty house, that's a law, not a coincidence.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Caro said...

If that's a law, then I should have company EVERYDAY! Fortunately, nobody likes me enough to visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home