BAKERWOMAN

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

NOT MUCH NEW

My friend took Mom and me gambling at the Res on Friday night. Mom played mostly pennies and won a few bucks. She was so thrilled. We ate at the buffet which was actually reasonably decent for a change. We had a great time.

Hubby just went back to work after a week's vacation. He used the time to do all the chores and yardwork that has been building up. What a crappy way to use vacation time.

The weekend was great for me. Grandkids came over both days and Sunday we baked pies and Christmas cookies. It's the most fun I've had with the oldest grandson for some time.

I guess we are staying home for Thanksgiving. I wanted to go to my youngest daughter's house because we haven't had Thanksgiving with them for about 10 years. I asked for the day off and then found out that Hubby had to work. That really sucks. We did get to go there for Christmas last year and it was wonderful. It's hard when they live four to five hours away. It's a killer for me to ride very far and I hate having those babies on the highway with idiot drivers at holiday times.

My leg is better but still won't bend. It also got locked in extension a couple of weeks ago. The surgeon says that he may have to go back in after it has healed for a year to clean things up. It will be arthroscopic so it shouldn't be too bad. I wish it could be done sooner, though, because I think I would have less pain (maybe not, though).

Anyway, this is all pretty boring so goodbye.

3 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Caro said...

You don't want to come here for Thanksgiving. My turkey is always dry and my stuffing is marginal.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I THOUGHT THE TURKEY AND STUFFING YOU COOKED FOR CHRISTMAS LAST YEAR WAS WONDERFUL.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Just found your mention of me and my wife. Thank you SO much. I am blessed --- comments grew to over 280.

Wish I could use some of them to help you with your bad leg. That is not good and I am very "downed" about it, like you. Good luck, kid.

I am resuming my post tmw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home