BAKERWOMAN

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Hallelujah!

My last present is wrapped and gone. Whew! All that's left is cookie day.

Cookie day has become a tradition with Hubby. There are actually eight offices in his complex and we make huge trays of cookies the weekend before Christmas. The favorite cookie is, of course, filled cookies which are a huge pain in the ass. This is everyone's favorite cookie when we give them out but strangely enough, no one has ever asked for the recipe. A few year's ago, I made up a few pages of family recipes I had. The only one that was truly lost was Aunt Renie's blueberry cake and it was to die for. Even her daughter doesn't have it.

We start on Saturday and make our dough and filling. Sunday morning we get up early and start rolling, baking and decorating. I guess this is what people without small children get to do at Christmas. Woo Hoo!

My youngest daughter is coming down with her three kids and I have already commandeered the teenager to make snickerdoodles. Her's are wonderful. We also do molasses cookies to round everything out. My daughter has decided to take the three year old and spend the day at his other grandma's house. She's pretty sure she won't be able to keep him off the cookie table.

Actually, I'm really looking forward to this time. It will be hectic and messy but both my girls and all my grandkids will be here and that pleases me greatly. I expect the six year olds will want to help decorate and set up the plates. What could be more fun? It will be like when my kids were little. It's nice to be needed.

2 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Caro said...

If I go over to visit without "A", my ass would be grass. Really.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Six-year-olds plenty smart enough to make cookies. Hand them ingredients and stand by.... And laugh and laugh and laugh.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home