BAKERWOMAN

Friday, January 13, 2006

CRUISING

My husband tells me because I didn't have any vacation this year, he's going to take me on a cruise. We are now booked on a four-day to Ensenada. We have done this same cruise twice so I can tell you we're not getting off the boat at Catalina or Ensenada. My apologies to anyone who lives in Ensanada, but it really is a shit hole. We've been to four places in Mexico and the best was Mazatlan. Catalina is nice but we did the whole island and plant museum last time.
Why get off and spend money when everything on the boat is prepaid?

Being on a cruise is like being rich for a week. They are cheap (if you don't care about a top cabin). The total cost for two of us is $585.00. Where else can you stay and have exquisite meals, free shows and someone else picking up after you for four days for that price? I love it. I could live like that all the time. Sigh!

We went out of New Orleans for a Bahama cruise for our 20th Anniversary. I picked a week's trip with only three stops: Jamaica, Cozumel, and the Grand Caymans. I hate being rushed. The best part of the trip was the day the boat stopped at Cozumel and we booked an all day trip to see the Mayan ruins. It was fantastic.

My favorite show on the boat is always the newly-wed game(although the Hairiest man contest by the pool was pretty entertaining but kind of sickening). The host picks three couples: newlyweds, middle-weds and long term-weds. The strange part is that the newly-weds generally can answer more questions about each other. I guess the longer we are married, the less we dote on the little things or maybe we just plain don't notice anymore.

Anyway, I'm sure looking forward to a nice rest.

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You got a nice husband.

That's the way it should be, because he's got a nice wife.

So, start telling stories to each other so you can win the prize.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I think I know more about Sean than when I married him. But maybe not...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home